Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Naomi...

I recently wrote this paper about Naomi...


My Favorite Four-Year-Old
It’s a sunny afternoon at the Cuthbertson House. Naomi is thoroughly instructing her sisters about how to perform in the show. When the oldest, Elizabeth, finally protests, Naomi quickly silences her, “I’m the director!” In addition to enjoying being in charge, Naomi Joy Cuthbertson is a very social person. She loves to be silly. Naomi is an adorable little sister with a unique personality.
My four-year-old sister, Naomi, is very silly, and often doesn’t realize it. Oftentimes, she will make up stories that are charmingly interesting. On one such occasion, she told us that the people in her story, (which happened to be the Israelites,) were so frightened that they yelled, “Scared!” and ran away. Naomi often mispronounces things which often turn out to be very funny, for instance: spaghetti is “bisquetti,” basket is “basek,” and activity is “bativity.” These are just a few examples. She not only talks amusingly, she acts amusingly too. As an example, a few weeks ago she made us laugh by suddenly announcing, “It’s so frustrating! Whenever I try and stand on no legs, I fall down!” These instances I have mentioned are only a few of the hilarious things she says and does. Naomi is a super silly sister.
Supervising anything Mom will let her be “in charge” of, Naomi loves being in the spotlight. One day, I was playing outside with Naomi, taking pictures of Hannah and her, when Naomi was apparently “the mother.”  Unexpectedly, she told me that I had disobeyed her and needed a “time out.” She gave me a long, serious gaze and imparted a talking-to about obeying our parents. When she finally finished her talking-to, I asked her how I disobeyed. “Leah,” came the reply, “I told you to go in the house, and you didn’t listen!” Overall, she always likes to be in charge of Hannah, and she loves to direct different “shows” that she makes up.  Naomi loves being in charge.
As Naomi loves to be in charge, she is very social. After all, if you are in charge, you need to have someone to be in charge of! But really, Naomi is a good friend and a very smiley, social little girl. She loves to play with her sisters. In her eyes, Dad is her, “Buddy and Pal,” and she always wants to tell him about her day. Even if she hardly knows someone, Naomi will tell them everything they need- or don’t need- to know about her life. She is very talkative. Oftentimes, she will just say what she is thinking- other times, she thinks about what she says before she says it. However, if our family is having a discussion, she will always chime in with her opinion. Naomi is  a sweet, talkative girl.
            As I have shown, Naomi is an adorable little sister. Wanting to be in charge of everything, Naomi loves to direct “shows.” Naomi often casually says hilarious things that make me laugh. She is talkative. Because of her loving, unique personality, Naomi is my favorite four-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment